Root Chakra (Muladhara)
I remember when I was first introduced to the chakras, the one that intrigued me most was the sacral chakra (which we'll learn more about soon). Channeling the sacral chakra energy was never an issue for me so I continued to lean into that; until I realized you can't fully align the other chakras until you open and activate the root chakra. This was why even during my ultimate sensual liberation I still had issues feeling a sense of belonging. I had to get back to the root.
The root chakra, located at the base of the spine, creates the foundation for all the chakras.
Imagine building a house with no foundation, it's seemingly impossible. The root chakra is the basis for all life and forms the link between our internal system with the physical world.
This chakra helps us to feel connected to the Earth, our ancestors, and gives us the opportunity to feel "rooted", grounded and centered.
Many of us are suffering from generational curses, lack of esteem and confidence, self-limiting beliefs, depression, etc. Because the root chakra does connect us with the energy of our ancestors, we may become subject to carrying the weight of their challenges along with our own experiences. We can harness the energy of the root chakra to heal and find our sense of purpose in life.
But first here are a few indicators that your root chakra is imbalanced:
1. Mental/psychological disorders such as anxiety, depression, panic attacks, eating disorders.
2. You feel disconnected from everyone and everything around you.
3. You are never satisfied and feel as though you never have enough resources.
4. You attempt to control everything around you, both other people and your surroundings.
5. You are easily influenced by others.
After you have become aware and acknowledged that your root chakra is imbalanced, you can begin the journey to heal and balance it.
Here are a few things you can do to heal and align your root chakra and begin the journey to becoming one with self.
Keep in mind all things must be done with clear intentions.
- Crystal healing. You can use crystals such as black tourmaline, bloodstone, red jasper, and garnet. You can meditate with these crystals, wear them, carry them around with you, or lie down and place them on the area of the root chakra.
- Wearing red and eating red foods such as strawberries, pomegranate, raspberries, etc can aid in harnessing the energy of the root chakra.
- Grounding and connecting with earth. Walking outside in nature barefoot, gardening, house plants, swimming in a body of natural water can help you to feel at one with Mother Earth.
- Sound healing. Listening to 396hz can help cleanse feelings of trauma.
- Using esential oils: sandalwood, cedar, rosewood, frankincense, ginger. You can diffuse them, wear them, spray them or mix them in your products. We use all natural essential oils that aid in harnessing the root chakra in our DeeVine Feminine body oil.
- Yoga, exercising and stretching the lower back.
Here are 5 of our favorite affirmations to use for the root chakra:
"I am at home in my own body"
"I feel safe and secure"
"I have everything that I need now, and everything that I will need will come to me"
"I trust the divine source to provide for my basic needs and desires"
Join the community for support on your journey to embracing your sensuality and tapping into your divine feminine energy,